GOLF PERFORMANCE TRAINING (GPT)
MJP offers a customized training program for youth and adult golfers to improve the power and efficiency of their golf swing. MJP teaches exercises that focus on balance, core stability and range of motion. MJP will measure and assess an athlete's ability to perform the desired movement patterns. This training program enables golfers to hit the ball further, with lower risk of injury and lasting results.
MJP Golf Performance Training Helps:
- Increase distance
- Lower risk of injury
- Improve fitness
- Improve rotation and mobility
- Increase core strength and stability
- Improve balance and flexibility
GPT Assessments Includes:
- Functional Movement Screening (FMS): a basic biomechanical assessment of each athlete designed to provide "corrective exercises" for his particular needs
- Sparq Sensory Performance (SSP): measures each athlete's senses (vision, balance, focus and coordination)
MJP offers Four Golf Performance Training Classes:
- Youth (HSP) GPT ages 12-14
- College Prep (CP) GPT ages 15-18
- Adult GPT ages 18 and up
- High School Golf Team GPT , must be a member of a high school golf team or academy, must have a minimum of 8 golfers in attendance.
Golf Performance Training Schedule:
- The GPT class meets for 90 minutes, twice a week. Athletes can choose a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday schedule. The class includes 10 training sessions, during a five-week period. One make-up class is allowed.
- The CPGPT class is for area-wide high school golf teams that have the ability to bring at least 8 athletes to train at MJP for a duration (training times vary depending on seasonal needs). Once 8 golfers are committed to attend a CPGPT class, we offer a discounted price to that particular high school golf team.